Python Developer (Entry Level)
Your job role:
- You will be responsible for implementing new features and system improvements for the SmartLocator platform working closely with the CTO,
- You will work with microservices deployed in a large-scale, high-volume, geographically redundant cloud environment, balancing speed with reliability in an industry where milliseconds count and seconds save lives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep familiarity with the software and systems that make up SmartLocator,
- Work with the CTO to design solutions for the most critical challenges facing our customers and emergency data providers,
- Design software and systems for high availability and fault tolerance,
- Use best-in-class software development practices (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, monitoring, detailed functional specification and test plans) to ensure SmartLocator' systems across countries remain highly reliable and fault tolerant,
- Prototype new features to assess feasibility and explore new business ideas.
- Remote work
- If you are located in Europe is an advantage
- It makes a difference for you personally if you know that your software serves a vital purpose,
- Very good proficiency in Python,
- You have experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL) and Nginx web server. Knowledge of Geoserver is an advantage,
- You are well-versed in asynchronous programming concepts, and comfortable with asynchronous systems (REST API, WebSockets),
- You are self-managed, and looking to take ownership of products and systems.
What we offer:
- The chance to work on a software which is solving a set of problems that emergency services worldwide have,
Your work will have a visible impact,
You will have a lot of responsibility,
We believe professionally you will grow more compared to work in larger companies.